I recently found myself unable to log into my TypePad account when using my web browser of choice, Firefox. After asking them to resend my password (which was just as I’d remembered it), I finally tried logging in using MS Internet Explorer – and had no problem. Tried again in Firefox – no go.
What gives? Well, the SixApart team recently made some huge changes to enhance both TypePad’s functionality and user experience (more about that in a future post), but those changes require you to reset your cookies in order to access TypePad from within Firefox.
How to fix it? Clear your TypePad cookies by doing the following:
- In Firefox, in the Tools menu, choose the item “Options”
- Click on “Privacy” on the left side of the dialog box that pops up
- Expand the section entitled, “Cookies” and then click the “View Cookies” button
- A new dialog box will popup entitled, “Stored Cookies” – scroll through the list of sites until you find www.typepad.com, and then, for each cookie from www.typepad.com, select it and click the “Remove Cookie” button
- Click “OK” to close the ‘Stored Cookies’ window, and then click “OK” again to close the Options window.
- You should now be able to log into Typepad from FireFox